Selecting The Right Anchorage Cosmetic Dentist
Finding the right cosmetic dentist for your dental needs can mean the difference between a smile that lights you up and one that brings you down. Great cosmetic dentistry is an art; hence the individual you choose should have the talent and experience to produce excellent results. If you are searching for the right Anchorage cosmetic dentist, who is focused on your needs, Dr. Scott Laudon is your best option.
Types of cosmetic dental procedures
There are many options of cosmetic dentistry procedures that are able to provide either a short or long term solution. After your initial consultation with the Doctor, he should recommend one or more of the following procedures.
- Porcelain veneers and crowns — strongest and the most aesthetic restoration procedure suitable for people who are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth. It can alter the shape, color and length of teeth.
- Dental bridges — they help in replacing one or more missing teeth by bridging the gap.
- Teeth whitening — help in getting rid of teeth discolorations and staining for whiter, brighter teeth. Alcan Dental Group using ZOOM Teeth whitening, one of the safest solutions available.
- Dental implants — these are titanium fixtures, surgically placed to restore single or multiple missing teeth without cutting down the teeth on either side.
Factors to consider when selecting your Cosmetic Dentist
Sometimes it’s good to know your options before settling down with one dentist. Dr. Scott Laudon has been practicing dentistry in Anchorage Alaska since 1992. Alcan Dental Group has a solid reputation and has some of the most loyal patients around. We encourage you to come in for a visit or to schedule a meeting with Dr. Laudon.
Here are a few pointers to consider when choosing your cosmetic dentist in Anchorage:
If you are going to trust someone with the task of designing your smile, you want to be sure that the doctor is skilled and experienced. The dentist should have immense knowledge and skills perfected over the years from handling many similar cosmetic cases. Ensure the experience is evaluated in terms of the similar procedure you expect to undergo.
Serious cosmetic dentists will keep a gallery of before and after-treatment photos of previous clients to show the level of results they produce. Evaluate the results depicted in these photos to determine if the professional will help you achieve your expectations of a beautiful smile. You can also bring along a photo of the result you expect to receive to help you set a reasonable expectation for your procedure’s outcome.
The field of cosmetic dentistry is rapidly evolving. Since these procedures are not taught in dental school, it is important that you choose a dental professional who regularly participates in advanced continued education. This will help the professional to learn the latest trends and practices in the industry so as to help you achieve the best smile possible. Consider checking if the doctor is accredited by a reputable institution.
Of course experience, continued education, techniques used in treatment and the cost are factors of utmost importance but they are not the only ones to consider. Here are other issues that can consider when choosing a cosmetic dental practitioner in Anchorage.
- What types of materials does the practice use and what will be used in your procedure?
- What is the office atmosphere like?
- Are there any suitable patient comfort facilities offered?
- What is the experience of the other staff who will be involved in your treatment?
- How much will it cost you and are there suitable financing options?
When looking for the most suitable Anchorage cosmetic dentist, it is prudent that you conduct good research. This will involve meeting with the dentist and evaluate a number of factors about his practice. Ensure you are well educated about the procedure before you start your journey of getting that perfect smile.
If you would like to schedule an appointment please give us a call at (907) 562-4774 or contact us through our Contact Us form and someone will give you a call. Dr. Scott Laudon will be your Anchorage Cosmetic Dentist.