There are many dentists in Anchorage who offer dentures as a service, so how do you choose the best one? Here is a quick guide on choosing a good dentures dentist to ensure your dental expectations are met. You want someone who is experienced, trained, and friendly. Below are some factors to consider when choosing your dentist in Anchorage.
So What are Dentures Anyways?
Dentures are removable replacements for missing teeth. They are typically recommended for adults who have lost most of their teeth, although partials can be done. Usually, if only one or two healthy teeth are left, they will be pulled to make room for dentures. Eight to twelve weeks will pass to allow gums to heal, and then dentures are placed in the mouth. These dentures are usually removable; however, bridges are sometimes used and cemented in place.
There are advantages and disadvantages of getting dentures. They are listed below.
- Dentures are one of the cheapest options for replacing teeth.
- Insurance will usually cover all or part of the cost. (Sometime even Medicaid will cover the cost of dentures)
- There are plenty of dentists who have experience with dentures.
- They can be removed as desired.
- You can easily find people who have dentures who can tell you all about it.
- They often take a total of twelve to eighteen weeks to complete the process from start to finish.
- They are not always comfortable. You frequently have to deal with the messy adhesive, and chewing is sometimes an issue.
- They can make you feel and look older, which detract from your confidence.
Choosing a Dentures Dentist in Anchorage
If you have looked at all your dental options and decided upon dentures, the next step is choosing a good dentures dentist located in Anchorage. Below are some questions that you can ask when searching for the right dentist.
- Tell me about your experience with dentures.
- Explain the process from start to finish.
- What are some risks and benefits of dentures?
- What can I expect during and after the process of getting dentures?
- What costs are covered by insurance? How much should I expect to pay out of pocket?
- Do you have pictures or patient examples of before and after dentures?
- How will dentures change my oral health routine? Will I have to visit a dentist more frequently?
- Do you offer dental implants as well?
Obviously you want to get the recommendations of your friends or family members who have had experience with a dentist who has done dentures. If you don’t know anyone then your next best option is to look at the reviews of dental practices in the area. At Alcan Dental Group, our number one priority is to care for our patients as if they were our own family members. We are here to answer any and all of your questions. Dr. Scott Laudon has been practicing dentistry for over 20 years, so you are in good hands.
Give us a call today if you would like to schedule a free consultation with one of the dentists. – (907) 562-4774
Dentures are one of several options for replacing missing teeth. Do your research, talk to several dentists, talk to others who have undergone the process, and count the pros and cons before making your decision. Choosing a good dentures dentist in Anchorage does not have to be difficult.